WeRoad is currently seeking a talented Data Engineer who will become WeRoad’s first resource fully dedicated to data management.
The Data Engineer will take ownership of all things data at WeRoad – from technology and tools to workflows and processes – and be responsible for mapping and managing our data systems in order to help us collect, visualize, analyze, and make sense of large amounts of data coming from various sources.
Working closely with all of WeRoad’s business unit leads, Operations team, and developers, the Data Engineer will have to gain full visibility on WeRoad’s business in order to design a data system that will best inform our decision making across all functions. Our perfect candidate will therefore have a strong, data-driven business logic as well as data engineering skills.
This is not a Data Analyst position: your core activity will not be analyzing data. As Data Engineer your mission will to ensure that every piece of data that can inform and improve our decision making is collected, cleaned, stored, and made available to business users – right when they need it.
What will you do?
- Map and integrate into a single, comprehensive system all WeRoad data sources that could be useful for decision making
- Refactor current systems, and lead the design and implementation of new ones, in order to ensure that high-quality data is seamlessly collected and provided to analysts/decision makers when it matters most
- Partner with key stakeholders throughout the business to help them identify their data needs and prioritize which data systems to improve first based on their criticality to the business
- Play a key advocate role within WeRoad to minimize non-data-driven (or non-data-checked) operational and strategic decisions
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or equivalent
- Prior experience in using, managing, and (better!) setting up complex data systems
- Business vision, we are NOT looking for a mere technician 🙂
- Knowledge of data cleaning, storing, and management tools and BI/analytics
- Familiarity with APIs and automation tools and ability to set up integrations with BI systems
- A passion and outstanding attitude for creative and analytical problem solving
- Fluency in Italian and English
- Desire to have a real impact on WeRoad and to change us for the better leveraging your unique personal characteristics and skills
What can you expect?
- A fun fast-paced startup environment full of ideas and willing to execute those ideas. You see how your own decisions impact the organisation and affect its goals and objectives
- Attractive salary
- Chance to smart working
- Access our new family bonus
- Possibility of being one of our travel Coordinators…while keep working!
- Don’t bother with formal wear or formalities
- Free and fresh breakfast everyday
- Live your dream of seeing the world with a free WeRoad trip of your choice every year: from the rice paddies of Indonesia to the Caribbean Paradise of Cuba, from Iceland, the land of fire and ice to India, the spiritual center of the world