WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy…and now we are launching in Spain!
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a community of travelers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 80+ destinations all over the globe.
Launched just a few years ago in spring 2017, WeRoad was founded based on our belief that when we get out of our comfort zones, travel to faraway places, and immerse ourselves in other cultures, we change our lives for the better. And that when we share the experience with like-minded people, we create memories and connections that last a lifetime.
Our mission is to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, rewriting the rules of the travel industry, every step of the way. We’re a dynamic, young, and hungry startup that’s experiencing exponential growth in Italy: in 2017 110 WeRoaders traveled the world with us and this number grew to 2.150 in 2018 and more than 8.000 in 2019. And we won’t stop here: this year, in addition to doubling our growth again in Italy, we’re taking WeRoad international for the first time with the launch of WeRoad Spain in Madrid!
ABOUT THE ROLE: SPAIN COUNTRY MANAGER
In just a few years we’ve reached incredible results here in Italy. The key to our success? Our ability to work on a million things at once – from product to content to technology to people – and to connect the dots in order to develop one single winning strategy, perfectly designed for our target.
As Spain Country Manager, your mission will be to continue to create our brand and drive our business growth in Spain.
This role is for the ambitious and entrepreneurial. We will invest a lot in you and clear the way for your exponential growth: you will lead our strategy, operations and team in Spain!
What you’ll do:
- Work with our leadership to define and deliver the business strategy for WeRoad in Spain
- Oversee WeRoad Spain’s business (at 360°) and establish operational plans designed to achieve business growth and profitability targets
- Drive efforts to position our brand and build WeRoad’s local presence and awareness in Spain
- Define a strategy for building our customer base and Coordinator community in Spain
- Build, train, and manage the WeRoad Spain team
- Be the link between HQ and WeRoad in Spain in order to align the rest of the team with the overall WeRoad direction
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You are Spanish, or have lived in Spain for several years and have expert-level knowledge of the Spanish language, culture, and market
- You have a strong business background, and ideally experience working in startups and/or the tourism industry
- You have experience managing complex, cross-functional projects in a fast-paced, high stakes environment
- You have a strong results-orientation and top-notch analytical skills
- You have outstanding networking skills and the ability to make partnerships happen
- You have proven leadership skills and experience managing a team
- You exercise excellent judgment and problem solving abilities
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want to build and be part of something huge
- You love travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty in order to get things done
- You are a self-starter and aren’t afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
- You want to grow faster than you thought possible, as a person and as a professional
Ready to apply? Get ready to send us your video!
We want to focus on the real you, beyond just your CV. That’s why the first step to becoming part of our team is sending us a short video in which you introduce yourself and tell us something about you that we can’t gather by looking at your CV.
Let us know, in 3 minutes max:
- Why do you want to work for WeRoad?
- What are the first three things you would do to build our brand awareness in the Spanish market?
- What are the biggest challenges you’ll face in growing our business (group travel for millennials) in Spain?
- Which of your previous experiences has prepared you the most for this role?
Feel free to send your video in Spanish or English – we speak both! Focus on content (not format), and have fun. When you’re finished, include the link (Vimeo, YouTube, Drive) in your application. We can’t wait to meet the real you!