WeRoad UK Community & Business Development Manager
WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy, Spain...and now we are launching WeRoad UK ( https://www.weroad.co.uk/)
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a community of travelers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Website WR IT: www.weroad.it
Website WR ES: www.weroad.es
A global hub for our properties: www.weroad.io
Instagram WR IT: @we_road_it
Instagram WR ES: @weroad_es
Instagram WR UK: @weroad_en
Founded in 2017, we're a dynamic, ambitious team of nearly 70 people experiencing exponential growth in Italy and Spain, and launching in the UK. We're on a mission is to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, rewriting the rules of the travel industry every step of the way.
ABOUT THE ROLE: WEROAD UK COMMUNITY & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
WeRoad is, first and foremost, a community! That’s why we’re on the lookout for a Community & Business Development Manager who will help us build the WeRoad brand and community in the UK market.
Your mission will be to manage and grow the WeRoad community, creating and constantly updating our database of potential leads and WeRoaders and playing a key role in helping us reach our very first sales targets in the UK.
This role is for the dynamic and entrepreneurial, those who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and who love a challenge: you’ll be one of our very first hires in the UK and will help bootstrap WeRoad UK from the ground up!
What you’ll do:
- Manage the WeRoad UK community through a variety of channels (Facebook, Instagram, …)
- Communicate with prospective WeRoaders through a variety of channels (phone, chat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, …), replying to all inquiries and doubts
- Create a database of contacts and clients in order to keep track of potential WeRoaders
- Proactively convert leads in order to help us reach our sales targets
- Create “buzz” for WeRoad by promoting our products, building our brand, and driving engagement within the community
- Interact enthusiastically with all members of the community, serving as the “face”/”voice” of the WeRoad UK brand
- Assist in the organization of events designed to build and engage the UK Travel Coordinator community
- Create and manage pre-departure WhatsApp groups for confirmed WeRoaders
What we’re looking for:
- You are UK native, or speak the language at a mother-tongue level and have expert level knowledge of the British culture and ways of communicating
- You have previous experience managing a community online and communicating directly with (potential) customers
- You are highly enthusiastic and energetic and transmit this energy into your online and written interactions
- You love having a target to reach and are self-motivated to achieve results
- You have expert-level knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp
- You are a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- If you have experience in sales and/or customer care, it will be considered a plus
- You love traveling and are in love with WeRoad!
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want to build and be part of something huge
- You love to travel and want to join a young, smart, and fun team of people who love it, too
- You prefer adventure instead of daily routine and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty in order to get things done
- You are a self-starter and aren't afraid to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success
- You want to grow faster than you thought possible, as a person and as a professional
What we can offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Become one of our Travel Coordinators and you could go even more often.
- A great workspace. WeRoad UK office is based in central London at Huckletree Soho, a vibrant co-working space and community.
- A memorable onboarding experience. You'll have the chance to do the onboarding in our HQ in Milan in our own coworking space called "C30" which fully reflects our company culture. There you'll find an open space layout, a fully equipped kitchen, a relaxing area, football tables, a company library, and a Tibetan bridge (yes.. no kidding!).
- Opportunities to learn and build your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay, and participate in the many meetups and events we host at C30 or online to share knowledge with other people in the industry.
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a smart working policy, offer a half-day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents.
- Fun! We schedule regular teambuilding events throughout the year and have plenty of opportunities to meet our Travel Coordinators and WeRoaders from all over Italy.
Ready to apply? Get ready to send us your video!
We want to focus on the real you, beyond just your CV. That's why the first step to becoming part of our team, if you dare doing it, is sending us a short video in which you introduce yourself and tell us something about you that we can’t gather by looking at your CV.
Let us know, in 3 minutes max:
- Why do you want to work for WeRoad?
- What excites and scares you most about being employee #1 in our WeRoad UK team?
- Why are you the perfect fit for the Community & Business Development Manager position?
- What makes you happy to go to work every day?
- If you were a travel destination, which would you be and why?
Send your video in English but feel free to speak all the languages you know - we'll speak them all. Focus on content (not format), and have fun. When you’re finished, include the link (Vimeo, YouTube, Drive) in your application. We can't wait to meet you!